Posted on 08 February 2018 in T31LoSB
This week I started an overhaul of the game’s windowing code to allow dynamic resizing. Hopefully I’ll fufill one of the requests made in my reddit Feedback Friday.
So far, I finished the column and row resizing. I still need logic to add and remove rows and columns as well as update the font size, so that the dnamic resizing looks cleaner.
This change was fun, as it involved digging through several year old code (the UI framework is a carry forward from a previous project). I’m really glad I took the time back then to write unit tests on all the visual and input processing code. Having a proper regression suite to validate the new changes made working with the old code a hundred times easier.
Just a project site for some of my hobby coding projects